sábado, 30 de mayo de 2015

Escenas y Diálogos (25): We Were Liars

Sección que creó el blog Paradise Of Words, que consiste en escribir las escenas y diálogos que te gustaron de un libro que leíste.      
 * Esta sección puede tener spoilers *

 “In fact, when did you get so pretty? It's distracting.”
 The universe was good because he was in it.
 Gat ignored him. “Maybe land shouldn't belong to people at all. Or maybe there should be limits on what they can own.”
 Better than chocolate being with you last night.
 Silly me, I thought that nothing was better than chocolate.
 I loved him.
 He's been an ass.
 Touching him is familiar and unfamiliar.
 We have been here before.
 Alson we have never been here before.
 For a moment,
 or for minutes,
 for hours, possibly.
 “You feel like you know me, Cady, but you only know the me who comes here,” he says. “It's–it's just not the whole picture. You don't know my bedroom with the window onto the airshaft, my mom's curry, the guys from school, the way we celebrate holidays. You only know the me on this island, where everyone's rich except me and the staff.”
 One day, she ventured to the palace library and was delighted to find what good company books could be.
 “Do you still miss Gran?” I ask him as we head toward New Clairmont. “Because I miss her. We never talk about her.”
 “A part of me died,” he says. “And it was the best part.”
 “That first day you came back I noticed Gat. He looked at you like you were the brightest planet in the galaxy.”
 “He did?”
 “I want someone to look at me that way so much, Cady.”
 She said don't be silly. “You're risking the future,” she said.“Our house. Your education. For what?”
 “Love.”
 What if we could stop being
 different colors, different backgrounds, and just be in love?
 I love the lids of his brown eyes, his smooth dark skin, his lower lip that pushes out. His mind. His mind.

2 comentarios :

  1. Vale, veo que voy a tener que usar el traductor cada vez que me meta en esta sección porque veo que te gusta leer en inglés^^ Tengo el libro pendiente pero en español, claro jajaj un beso.

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. Jajaja me gusta, pero no suelo leer muuuchos libros en inglés.
      Ojalá lo traduzcan para que puedas leerlo :D

      Eliminar